The project ”NeW – Nachhaltig erfolgreich Wirtschaften“ (English title: Sustainably successful? Analysing, measuring and managing corporate sustainability with the Sustainable Value approach) runs for 27 months and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. It is a cooperation between IZT, Scottish Sustainable Development Research Centre (SDRC) in Forres, Wuppertal-Institut and four partner companies. In this project the newly developed Sustainable Value approach is applied to German companies on a large scale and tested in practice for the first time.
With Sustainable Value corporate sustainability performance can measured in monetary terms and managed in value-oriented way. The overall objective of the project is to apply and test-run this approach in the corporate context. In its first part of the project, the sustainability performance of 28 German companies has been assessed using the Sustainable Value approach. During a second phase of the project, the approach will be applied and tested in corporate practice in different management areas. The third part is mainly concerned with dissemination and transfer of know how.
The project encompasses the following activities:
- Monetary assessment of the sustainability performance of at least 25 German companies using the Sustainable Value approach.
- Publication of a survey with the results of the sustainability assessment of at least 25 German companies.
- Test run of the Sustainable Value approach in different management areas together with for partner companies.
- Publication of a practitioner handbook on the application of Sustainable Value in corporate practice.
- Transfer workshops in different German cities.
- Development of a web-based Sustainable Value assessment tool that can be used by companies for their own Sustainable Value assessments.
Please click on the logo to visit our NeW project website.
(in German language)